August 31st is like Christmas Eve to my husband. He gets so excited he can't sleep, just like a little boy. Every year on this night he is full of anticipation.
September 1st starts the hunting season.
More specifically he is a bird hunter. I went with him today. He went yesterday and got a few so he was alright with the fact that I am more of a 'nature walker' and take my time. I need constant breaks and a little pushing and pulling along, some carrying even. He went slow, held my hand, and bushwacked for me. It's fun to get out once in a while, even if we did not see one bird.
I felt pretty safe following this guy and his large gun.

If you look close you can see Justin's Brittany Spaniel, Autumn. Named for her favorite time of the year she is an excellent bird dog.

Ruger: our biggest dumb dog who gallops when he runs.

Below: Bushwacking necessary.

Even though we didn't seen one bird we did catch a fish.
At this cute little creek, called Bennie Creek up Payson Canyon. Justin pulled out his fly fishing gear and we had a 9 incher within two minutes. He was still a little guy so we didn't keep him. Instead we went out for seafood ;)


September 1st starts the hunting season.
More specifically he is a bird hunter. I went with him today. He went yesterday and got a few so he was alright with the fact that I am more of a 'nature walker' and take my time. I need constant breaks and a little pushing and pulling along, some carrying even. He went slow, held my hand, and bushwacked for me. It's fun to get out once in a while, even if we did not see one bird.
I felt pretty safe following this guy and his large gun.

If you look close you can see Justin's Brittany Spaniel, Autumn. Named for her favorite time of the year she is an excellent bird dog.

Ruger: our biggest dumb dog who gallops when he runs.

Below: Bushwacking necessary.

Even though we didn't seen one bird we did catch a fish.
At this cute little creek, called Bennie Creek up Payson Canyon. Justin pulled out his fly fishing gear and we had a 9 incher within two minutes. He was still a little guy so we didn't keep him. Instead we went out for seafood ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment