So we got Kambri a rocking horse for Christmas. I knew she would love one, as most kids do at this age. And RC Willeys had them on clearance for $24. Sweet.
Christmas morning came and she gave a big "Ooooh" when she saw it but that was about it. It's still a little tall for her to get on and off by herself and it made her nervous to be so high off the ground.
Fast forward a few weeks. The horse had a spot for batteries underneath and I decided to see what happened when they were inserted. Que loud old banjo man voice, moving horse lips and swishing tail. "We're goin ridin ridin ridin, Giddy Up little COWBOY. Get that pony trottin! There will be no stoppin! Cuz when we hit that trail we'll be tellin cowboy tales! and a hootin and a hollarin all day, YEE HAW!"
Kambri was terrified.
I mean like quivering, wide eyed, bursts of sobs, this horse might snatch her and run away into the night terrified. I wish I had videoed it.
Luckily aunt Kali came over and started singing along and clapping and then all of a sudden that thing was awesome. Scary? Ha! She could handle it. She had learned the power of the on/off switch after all.
We've been ridin ever since. Giddy Up little cowgirl.
10 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment